Notices 10th February
10:30am Holy Habits
led by Rev'd Katie Leonowicz
incl. Junior Church & Crèche
"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Betty Davies - Just to say thank you for all the lovely cards and all the best wishes you have sent to me. I miss you all and hope to see you soon. God’s blessings from Betty.
United Communion Service with Hillsborough Trinity and Brightholmlee churches will be next Sunday 17th February, here at Wisewood, led by Rev'd Katie.
Wesley Guild will restart meeting on Monday 18th February with a Devotional session led by Marjorie Cockburn, 2:30-4:00pm.
Community Singers will NOT be meeting on Thursday 21st February due to half-term school holidays. Thanks. Si.
Singing In Parts - Would you enjoy either singing or listening to people singing in four-parts-harmony? If so, please do come along on Saturday 23rd February between 10:00am and 4:00pm, when we'll be doing a lot of that, in our church hall. Free to all. For more info, ask Cliff.
Pastoral Committee Meeting will be on Monday 4th March at 7:30pm at church.
Churches Together Fun Day will be on Saturday 18th May. Last year, for various reasons, we were short of volunteers on the day, so we would like to encourage more people from across all the churches in the area, to get involved. There are a number of ways you can do this:
- be part of the organising group - we meet throughout the year to plan - our next meeting will be on Monday 25th February at 7:00pm at St Polycarps Vicarage, 33 Wisewood Lane, S6 4WA
- help set up on the day, between 9:30am-1:00pm, putting up tents, moving chairs and tables
- help during the event, stewarding or helping at a stall
- help clear up after the event, by clearing tents, moving chairs etc.
- we need donations of books, CD’s and DVD’s
- on the day, we need donations of cakes (either shop bought or baked) to give away
- finally, prayer... praying for the day, for the people who come, for them to encounter God in the midst of all the activities.
We always receive such positive feedback from the participants, who appreciate the fact that it is free (which many can’t quite believe!) and that churches are working together. We need more volunteers to make the day happen. There will be sign up sheets nearer the time. If you would like more information please email Gina on email@example.com or call on 01142343450.
Remember in your Prayers all our brothers and sisters unable to attend our services, either through illness, presently or recently in hospital, housebound or in residential homes.